About Me

Natalie turns 25 on Monday, July 26. Please join the celebration by creating a post of your own on this blog. Share fun memories, pics, or--best of all--upload your own video greeting. There's not much time, so please hurry. Natalie would love for you to share her special "quarter day".

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Sister!

Natalie-

I was looking at Shawn's watch today and I noticed it was July 25th... I thought to myself, holy smokes, it's my sister's birthday tomorrow! I am so glad that I didn't miss it. Oh man, next year is going to be your lucky birthday, 26 on the 26th! This year can be lucky too though, I wish you good luck on your birthday (choke dee-- in Thai means good luck).

I learned today while in Cambodia that you can bless or curse people with good luck. We were blessed by some people wanting our money for tying a red string on our wrists... then later we were literally cursed by a woman because we wouldn't buy her little figurine of an elephant. She said, "you will have bad luck tomorrow, you not buy from me!"

We walked away a little surprised and then we heard a crash... we looked behind us and she had dropped the elephant figure and its legs broke off! I guess if you try to give someone else bad luck then you get the bad luck yourself. I think you can get good luck from people though, that was the point of that rambling... and all of this was just to tell you...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment