About Me

Natalie turns 25 on Monday, July 26. Please join the celebration by creating a post of your own on this blog. Share fun memories, pics, or--best of all--upload your own video greeting. There's not much time, so please hurry. Natalie would love for you to share her special "quarter day".

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Natalie.

It was wonderful having you all here earlier this month. Wow! That seems like longer ago than that, as so much has been going on. Bet it's that way for you too.
Twenty five years ago I was with your parents, waiting for you to arrive. I recall your Mom saying she had such back pains, and I was trying to pursuade her to walk down that long flight of stairs on Ashling Dr. It was time to go to the hospital. It was such a long walk for her, stopping every few minutes. But she made it to the hospital, and you arrived safely.

I recall helping to dress you for church, and you kept crying. Every now and then you would just scream, then you'd settle down - then cry again. We found out that I had missed taking one of the tiny straight pins out of the sleeve of the new dress you were wearing, and it would stick into you each time we held you to comfort you. What a Grandmother!

It's been beautiful to watch you grow up over the years, and be privileged to share in some of your special times along the way. Now you are a beautiful wife and mother and loving it all. You are such a blessing to all who know you, and especially your family.

Love always
Grama & Gramp Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment